Monday 28 March 2011

Iris folding

I have to say that a lady at our cardmaking club makes the most beautiful iris folding cards and inspires me and the other ladies at what can be achieved. My first attempts were pretty basic and not very pretty with quite large cut out images which tended to dominate the page and I decided that this wasn't for me. But once I had seen the lovely designs and the quality which could be achieved by using the better papers and smaller patterns I could see the attraction.

The one below is a card which I reckon could be used for an anniversary, wedding, valentine or engagement if done in the right colour scheme for the occasion.  This would probably be good for a Ruby Wedding Anniversary.


I usually use Kings Foils for this type of work but this time I used some good quality pearlised paper. I think the secret is to get good creases on the folds.  I can't seem to find Kings Foils these days so if anyone knows where I can get them from I would be delighted to hear from you!

1 comment: