Tuesday 29 March 2011

Making flowers

Since I came back from the NEC exhibition I have been trying to find time to practice making flowers like the lovely lady who demo'd them.

At last I have a few offerings and I am now hooked on making them. I think I shall be filling boxes with these  - it is very addictive!  And as I have to go out to customers I am now wearing rubber gloves to save having multi-coloured fingers which don't look overly professional!


The lady used a scalloped circle punch but I used my nesties for the same effect.
You need 6 circles all the same size.
Poke a small hole in the centre of each and fix together with a small brad - doesn't really matter what colour as they wont be seen.
Next you colour both sides of each circle with inks, cosmic shimmer mist or whatever you like. I used Distress Inks .  Now, spritz with water and then, one by one,  screw up the circles around the brad.
Tease them out again to produce the shape you like.
I sprayed them with a glitter spray for a bit of sparkle.
Once they are dry they are quite "hard" and hold their shape really well



Hope you like my attempts!

No comments:

Post a Comment