Friday 25 March 2011

NEC Exhibition

Ooooh had such fun at the NEC yesterday. I always go with a friend or two but this time there were 4 of us!  I just love the demonstrations and seeing all the lovely cards that other people make. It really gets the inspiration juices flowing! 

I was, as always, full of good intentions.  "I'm not going to spend anything", "Only going to look and see the demos" "Haven't got any money to spend on even more crafting goodies"  Oh yes! the intentions were all good but did I leave the credit card at home? No!  Sooooooo...... what did I come home with I hear you ask!

It was just too good a buy to leave there.... and I had recently sold my Craft Robo which sat silently in the cupboard because I never had time to use it properly. So I did have that money to spend.... (note all the excuses!)  I succumbed to the Grand Calibur.  I was so excited to get home and give it a go. Of course there was no point in having an A4 cutter without any A4 dies to cut so I bought some of those too!

I love it!  I love my Big Shot as well and that won't be parted with as I still have the thick Sizzix dies that I want to use. But this is just wonderful for making those lovely large shaped cards. I bought the Nestabilities dies as I know they all cascade down through the sizes right to the smallest ones perfectly.

I did also pick up a really nice EK border punch which looked very versatile and was being demo'd.  In the past I have bought loads of stuff that I can't live without once it has been demo'd and then it sits on the shelf at home after either being tried and not getting the same result as the demonstrator or by the time it reaches my front door I can't remember what I bought it for.  One of those memorable products was a set of plastic things that if you placed them together would give you the most amazing flower arrangement. Well, hers looked fantastic..... mine looked like a load of flowers stuck in a lot of plastic pots!  Needless to say they hit the back shelf after the first attempt. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Anyway, my EK punch is a success,  I'm pleased to report! Lots of lovely borders, strips and even "round the page" toppers.

Now I'm off to make some more lovely flowers after watching a very talented lady make Carnation type flowers. They looked beautiful and my first attempt last night were not bad even if I do say so myself......

See you all tomorrow.......

No comments:

Post a Comment